Teaching Artists for Artists In Schools and Fort Mason Programs
San Francisco Children’s Art Center is seeking Teaching Artists to engage children ages 2-10 in our school residency programs and at classes, camps, and workshops at our art studio in Fort Mason Center. Experience with process-oriented visual arts methodology is a plus, however, training will be provided. Spanish and Chinese bilinguals, BIPOC, and LGBTQ artists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Competitive rate of hourly pay, depending on experience. Compensation includes paid prep time for each class session.
Preferred candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2 years teaching artist experience with students in preschool and elementary school settings
- A demonstrated commitment to and enjoyment of working with young children
- Flexibility and willingness to learn Children’s Art Center’s process-oriented methodology
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with English Language Learners and special education populations
- Ability to travel to school sites across San Francisco
- BA, BFA (or equivalent experience) in visual arts
How to Apply:
Submit resume, cover letter, & 2 references (for similar work) by e-mail to: