Hosted live on Zoom, SFCAC’s weekly classes will connect a community of creative young people with SFCAC Teaching Artists to create together in a virtual space.
- Maximum of 8 students per class means plenty of one-on-one attention from our teaching artists.
- 60 and 90-minute sessions with engaging art activities designed to spark the imagination, build critical thinking skills, and enhance creative self-expression.
- Classes are designed to foster interactive participation and open dialogue to create social connections between peers.
- Enrollment includes a complimentary art kit with all materials needed for the class activities delivered to your home. (Students who live outside of San Francisco should enroll by 1-week before the class start date to ensure timely delivery of the supply kit).
- Students will need to have access to a laptop computer, wifi, and zoom app to participate.
Online Class Offerings for Winter 2020
EARLY WINTER Session (6 weeks): January 4 – February 13
LATE WINTER Session (6 weeks): February 15 – March 26
|Art Studio @ Home (Children ages 3.5 – 5.5 years)
Thursdays, 1-2 pm
Saturdays, 11 am – 12 pm
Designed for older preschoolers and kindergarten students, Art Studio at Home provides children with process-oriented, open-ended art experiences. Revisiting familiar materials from week to week deepens learning by allowing children to make connections and master techniques. 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art activities will focus on problem-solving, critical thinking, and reflective dialogue between peers and our teaching artists.
|Drawing & Painting from Observation & Imagination (Grades 1-5)
Tuesdays, 3-4:30 pm, Early Winter: Jan 5 – Feb 9
Thursdays, 3-4:30 pm, Late Winter: Feb 18 – March 24
Connect your head, heart, and hands through drawing and painting! We’ll build and strengthen skills through the exploration of line, shape, and color. Through close examination of objects, we’ll learn how to see more deeply and capture what we observe on paper. We’ll also tap into our imaginations to draw and paint the things we wish to see in the world!
|Sculpture: Creativity in 3 Dimensions (Grades 1-5)
Thursdays, 3-4:30 pm, Early Winter: Jan 5 – Feb 9
Tuesdays,3-4:30 pm, Late Winter: Feb 18 – March 24
Kids are like beavers … they are natural-born builders! We’ll explore a range of traditional, recycled, and repurposed materials including foamcore, wire, paper, and cardboard to construct 3-dimensional works of art that challenge the mind and super-charge the imagination.
Special Pricing Offer!
Save $50 when you sign up for 12-sessions of classes!
(Can be booked as either 12-consecutive weeks of class, or come 2x per week during either Early or Late Winter sessions)
All registration fees are final. No cancellations or refunds. In the event of low enrollment, SFCAC may request consolidation or rescheduling of classes. If you are unable to attend the new date and time, a refund will be issued. This is the only circumstance when refunds will be given.
Are you interested in a class, but nothing on our schedule fits your family’s schedule? Please email us to let us know! Our goal is to be flexible to meet the needs of our community of families. We may be able to arrange something!
If you have any questions, or need support with registration, please call us at 415.771.0292 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.