Hosted live on Zoom in June & July for children ages 6-11
Monday to Friday 11 am-12:30 pm $150/week*
SFCAC’s online creative camps will connect a community of creative young people with SFCAC Teaching Artists to create together in a virtual space.
- Maximum of 8 students per class – plenty of one-on-one attention from our teaching artists.
- 90-minute daily session with interactive art games, engaging art projects, support from our artists & time for reflection & sharing ideas
- A different theme each week, designed to spark the imagination, build critical thinking skills, and enhance creative self-expression.
- Opportunities to safely socialize and have fun with peers
- Includes a complimentary art kit with all materials needed for the week’s activities mailed to your home (or a socially-distanced pick-up if you prefer)
- Parents are welcome to sit-in on the class (or take a well-deserved break – you earned it!)
- End-of-week virtual art gallery of the creations of our young artists that can be shared with friends and family
* 20% discount on your second enrollment! Can be applied either to enroll a second child in the same household (sibling must also be ages 6-11) or towards a second week of online camp. Please email email@example.com to arrange for your discounted enrollment.
Students will need to have access to a laptop computer, wifi, and zoom app to participate.
Weekly Zoom Workshop Themes:
|June 29 – July 2 Drawing & Painting from Observation & Imagination
Connect your head, heart, and hands through drawing and painting! We’ll build and strengthen skills through the exploration of line, shape, and color. Through close examination of objects, we’ll learn how to see more deeply and capture what we observe on paper. We’ll also tap into our imaginations to draw and paint the things we wish to see in the world!
|July 6 – 10 Storytelling & Bookmaking We all have a story to tell and let’s share it with others! We’ll create a variety of books using different materials and techniques. We’ll also explore narratives and write our own stories that we will transform into illustrated books to share our ideas with others.||Enroll|
|July 13 – 17 Sculpture Workshop
Kids are like beavers … they are natural-born builders! We’ll explore a range of traditional, recycled, and repurposed materials including foamcore, wire, paper, and clay to construct 3-dimensional works of art that challenge the mind and super-charge the imagination.
|July 20 – 24 Puppets & Puppet Theater Workshop
All the world’s a stage so let’s put on a show! We’ll create a variety of puppets using 2-D and 3-D materials and build our own mini-puppet theaters especially designed for performing on the Zoom platform.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 415.771.0292 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.