Art Studio @ Fort Mason
A small-group, in-person, art class for children ages 3.5 – 5.5 years
Thursdays, 10 am – 12 noon
6 weeks: November 5 – December 17 (No class Thanksgiving Day)
$270 per student
In a teacher-guided open studio format designed especially for children ages 3.5-5.5 years, Art Studio @ Fort Mason provides children with process-oriented, open-ended art experiences. Children are introduced to a wide range of art materials in our inquiry-based learning environment. Painting, drawing, printmaking, and sculptural experiences provide problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaborative possibilities. Revisiting familiar materials from week to week deepens learning by allowing children to make connections and master techniques. Linking creative skills with the imagination, the studio prompts rich social interaction and reflective dialogue with both teacher and peers.
We will be following (and exceeding!) all health and safety measures mandated by the City of San Francisco. Please read carefully the information below regarding the regulations we’ll be following and changes to how we normally conduct our in-person classes.
- Class size will be limited to a small and stable group of 4 students only, with 1 teaching artist, plus SFCAC’s Program Manager who will serve as our Health & Safety Monitor.
- Drop-off only. Unfortunately, city restrictions require that parents may not enter our studio space. Please be sure your child is developmentally ready for a drop-off class.
- Make-up classes are not available at this time.
- To follow city regulations, please do not enroll your child in any other in-person programming during the 6-week duration of this class (including in-person preschool, kindergarten, other enrichment classes, or organized sports activities).
- Daily symptom screening protocols will be followed for all students and staff before entering the art studio.
- Masks will be worn by staff and students at all times.
- Students will receive their own art tools and materials for each class to prevent sharing.
- If we are required by the city or state to suspend in-person programming due to COVID19, we will switch to an online, Zoom-based format.
- Enrollment can not be canceled and all fees are non-refundable.
- Due to small class sizes and increased operational costs, we are unable to offer scholarships for in-person classes at this time.
SFCAC’s official Health & Safety Plan can be reviewed here. Parents and guardians of enrollees will receive a copy of this plan, as well as being required to sign an acknowledgment of health risks that can be previewed here. (Please note that this information is subject to change based on any updates to requirements and guidance issued by the city).