Hosted live on Zoom, SFCAC’s weekly classes will connect a community of creative young people with SFCAC Teaching Artists to create together in a virtual space.
- Maximum of 8 students per class means plenty of one-on-one attention from our teaching artists.
- 60 and 90-minute sessions with engaging art activities designed to spark the imagination, build critical thinking skills, and enhance creative self-expression.
- Classes are designed to foster interactive participation and open dialogue to create social connections between peers.
- Enrollment includes a complimentary art kit with all materials needed for the class activities delivered to your home. (Students who live outside of San Francisco should enroll by 1-week before the class start date to ensure timely delivery of the supply kit).
- Students will need to have access to a laptop computer, wifi, and zoom app to participate.
Online Class Offerings for Spring 2021
SPRING Session (8 weeks): February April 5 – May 29
|Art Studio @ Home (Children ages 3.5 – 5.5 years)
Thursdays, 1-2 pm
Saturdays, 11 am – 12 pm
Designed for older preschoolers and kindergarten students, Art Studio at Home provides children with process-oriented, open-ended art experiences. Revisiting familiar materials from week to week deepens learning by allowing children to make connections and master techniques. 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art activities will focus on problem-solving, critical thinking, and reflective dialogue between peers and our teaching artists.
|Art & Nature (Grades 1-5)
Tuesdays, 3:00-4:30 pm
We’ll explore the wonder and beauty of nature through drawing, painting, collage, and sculpture activities that bring the great outdoors inside. Each week, we’ll delve into a different creative exploration that uses both observation and imagination to develop visual thinking and communication skills to express our own vision of the natural world.
|Art & Storytelling (Grades 1-5)
Thursdays, 3:00-4:30 pm,
Characters, scenery, and events come to life as we explore the intersection of art and narrative storytelling. Together, we’ll create books of different shapes and sizes that we’ll fill with our own stories and illustrations. We’ll also create puppets and mini-puppet theaters especially designed for performing our stories for friends and family on Zoom.
All registration fees are final. No cancellations or refunds.
If public health mandates require suspension of in-person classes, programming will be switched to a virtual format.
In the event of low enrollment, SFCAC may request consolidation or rescheduling of classes. If you are unable to attend the new date and time, a refund will be issued. This is the only circumstance when refunds will be given.
Are you interested in a class, but nothing on our schedule fits your family’s schedule? Please email us to let us know! Our goal is to be flexible to meet the needs of our community of families. We may be able to arrange something!
If you have any questions, or need support with registration, please call us at 415.771.0292 or email us at email@example.com.